This document clarifies the moral standards that I am looking for in a career. When I enter the workforce, it is important that the organization I work for will comply with this code so that we have the same morals. I have identified five essential ethical concepts and listed examples of how I expect an organization to follow them.
Fairness: free from bias or injustice
· Treat others in an unbiased and professional manner without discrimination.
· Keep an open mind.
Accountability: the state of being liable
· Taking full responsibility for your actions.
· When mistakes are made, learn from them.
Excellence: the state of superiority
· Strive to achieve goals and reach success.
· Take pride in your work and display it with confidence.
Loyalty: faithfulness to commitments or obligations
· Take actions that maintain the image of the company.
· Act in the best interests of all of the company’s shareholders
Honesty: freedom from deceit or fraud
· Always be truthful and sincere.
· Do not share information that may not be reliable.
Some Paraphrasing from: http://ethics.npr.org/
Definitions from: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/honesty?s=t